Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Great Idea...

I think that I have overused this phrase with Jadon...

Usually to get him to "transition" to whatever is happening next I try to build it up by saying something like "Jadon, I have a great idea...let's go read books in your room and get ready for nappy!" It's the teacher in me...

"A Great Idea" is coming back to bite me in the ----! He's using the phrase against me in his own trasitions!!!! But I have to admit he does have some great ideas... It's just that my idea of the time for these great ideas and Jadon's don't always match up. Here are a few laughs for you...

"Mom, I have a great idea....let's have a lollipop for breakfast!"
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's go shopping at Target for TOYS!"
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's go swimming (I know it's AZ but its still cold here!)
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's watch Curious George before my nappy...just one episode...please,please, please!!"
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's go to the bookstore and play trains!"
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's go to Starbucks...You want an iced mocha Mom?"
"Mom, I have a great idea...let's take every toy out and spread them all over the house!"

The sweetest great idea Jadon has was when he said "I have a great idea" and he just ran to the freezer to get me his Thomas Boo-Boo freezer pack. His head and my nose had a collision during tickle time and it kind of freaked him out that blood was coming out of my nose. He was so sweet to take care of me, but the best part was when he said "Mom, just, just don't be sad" You just don't have to cry red tears!" He thought my blood was red tears.... A few minutes later he asked in the most serious voice, "Mom, Can you make some green tears?"


The other thing you need to know here is that after each "great idea" is usually followed with one of the following....

"please,please, please" well...he is learning manners?

"o.k. mom, o.k.?"

This one is my favorite...

"Is the answer yes or no" LOL....

You'll also notice that most of Jadon's great ideas include "Let's GO" I should have known this was coming when he learned how to baby sign "out" and was always banging on the door twisting his hands like he was opening a door. Out.... Go.... Do....

So we have a great idea for today... We're going to the UPS Store to mail Uncle John his birthday gift, we're going to the gym to get our workout in and who knows where else we're going....

I have one more great idea... I have a quote to share with my blog. I've shared this quote with 2 friends in the past 2 days, so maybe it will speak to others the way it speaks to me.

you
can't change
yesterday
but you can
ruin today
worrying about
tomorrow

Let's Go!!!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

How funny! I love his great ideas. Maybe I can steal that phrase and Zoe will really think they are great ideas. I also love the green tears!

The Breaux Family said...

I love the green tears! Curiousity is GREAT!

kimbasa said...

what a sweetheart! i love it!

Candis said...

HOW THE HECK are you supposed to say no to your son offering you an iced mocha from Starbucks?? HOW? I am dying laughing as usual!

katie said...

We have a phrase too...Go for it. I didn't even realize I said it until Lucy started saying it back at me (at the wrong times). The best when I said it was time to clean up and she told me go for it and kept playing. I was MAD. But then I realized that it was all me.

Anonymous said...

So incredibly cute!!