Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Weekend...


Thanks to everyone for making my birthday weekend so much fun! Here is the re-cap!

Friday night...Sushi at Tomo with my boys! I love how Jadon sings Happy Birthday...it is quite possibly the sweetest sound ever! Crunch rolls and a Raspberry Sake Martini...Happy Birthday to me! Presents from Dad, Ellen, Kate, Rashid, Jason & Jadon. I'm so spoiled! I have a cute pic...I'll try to post it but my laptop has been giving me fits about posting pics on my blog? What is up with that?

Saturday...The Day! More Happy Birthday songs from the boys, followed by many phone calls, emails and txt messages! Thanks everyone! BIG birthday party bash for Jadon's "girl" friend Hannah, followed by Bride Wars with the Colter St. Girls and then BIGGER party mostly for the Redbirds and a little for my birthday at The Miller's house. Kevin and Jan put on an amazing fish fry! Jason got desserts from Bella Luna! More presents from the neighbors... I'm going here to get some kind of spa service in the very near future thanks to my lovely friends on Colter St! Everyone was so excited about the game...and even more excited that the next game is going to be here next Sunday!

Here is what my horoscope says for this year... Mom and I always used to cut this out and read this out of the paper...I used to be pretty into reading my horoscope but I don't do it as often anymore? Hmm....

"Happy Birthday for Saturday, January 10, 2009. this year you often waver about any important decision. Others might find this behavior irritating, as you are generally clear and direct. Look at this waffling as seeing more and weighing the pros and cons. You are unusually energetic this year, and if you don't funnel your energy, it could come out as anger. Your best bet is physical exercise. If you are attached, the two of you will get along much better if you accept your differences. Cancer can be challenging.

So... with that in mind-I dragged my wonderful friend Amy to her first spinning class this morning so I could funnel my energy on the bike. I'm accepting that Jason is a sports fanatic and when he is looking into the options of going to the Super Bowl in FL, should the AZ Cardinals go there, I'm accepting it and taking the position that it's "super!" Jadon and I will go to Orlando and do Disneyworld while he and Ryan do football! I'm not sure who I know who is the sign of "Cancer" besides that my Mom's sign was cancer and the whole part about wavering on important decisions...well who even knows what that means?? That is totally a whole other post for another day!

Today I made Pasta Figoli soup and just stayed home the whole day pretty much doing nothing. Jadon has a cold and had a little bit of a fever this afternoon, so we did a lot of Curious George time.

4 comments:

Lena Just Lena said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Candis said...

Happy Birthday again, and I'm so glad you were spoiled--You totally deserve it! I think the OLDER we get as women, the MORE we deserve this kind of treatment! It is definitely not easy getting older.

Michael & Camden are both Cancers, but I'll make SURE they don't give you a hard time (or else!) : )

PageOne said...

Happy Birthday again, Ames! We miss you guys! Can't wait to see the Khan family!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a happy birthday...and that the Panthers made it even happier!! John D. and I were at the game...what a disaster for us! Hope your year is fabulous, and I hope we get to see y'all soon!!