Monday, November 30, 2009

Dear Santa...


O.k. so I'm totally going to work on posting on my blog more! I am such a slacker! I promise I will work on it!!!


Last week we went and did Santa pictures with Amy, Connor and Elizabeth! It was so much fun...our tradition of going to Arrowhead Mall to see Santa continues. The awesome part is that it is the SAME Santa every year... So I have 4 years of Santa pictures with the same set and the same Santa! I love it...and love seeing how Jadon has changed each year.


This year I was able to get him to wear a nice shirt...and a belt! Whoa...this is big for my boy who insists on wearing camo with his "Redbird" Cardinals jersey 24/7...and when he isn't in that-he wants to wear these green shorts with a rockin' orange shirt and socks pulled up to his knees! Awesome!!


What I loved this year was listening to his conversation with Santa. It was so priceless... And just went I thought he couldn't get any cuter he sat on the floor at home that night and "wrote" a letter to the big guy in red.


It went something like this... (I was listening and typing it out on my iphone so I could remember it forever!!!)


Dear Santa,


How's the North Pole? I've been a good boy. You can come to my house. Watch out for the booming things and the tumbleweeds. I'm in Litchfield Park on Colter St.
Classic...
Tonight we put the letter in our Santa mailbox... Santa is writing back tonight and reminding Jadon to stay on the good list by being a good boy! One of our neighbors is giving Jadon that book "Elf on a Shelf" I've heard its so much fun...can't wait to read it.

Jadon is so much fun right now! Well actually not so much right now as he is a little sicky...but usually he has been a lot of fun! He's totally into playing Santa. He pretends to sleep, while I put things from around the house under his tree and then he wakes up all surprised! Then we switch and we pretent to be asleep. He loves all the Christmas decorations. The snow globes are his favorite, and the candy cane reindeer, the silly singing decorations are a close in the top 3. All these singing decorations and most of the snow globes were my Moms. It makes me so happy to have them around the house during the Holidays.


Still obsessed with Curious George...lovin' Curious George's Merry Christmas and pbskids.org games. Loves his preschool class and cried buckets when he couldn't go today b/c he has a fever :( We decorated his room with his camo "boy" tree and lights all around the room's chair rail. It's a bribe to get him to stay in his room and sleep all night...so far its working pretty well!
Jason and I are so looking forward to spending Christmas in our house for the VERY first time EVER!!!!! It only took 7 years to happen, but...whatever! We are excited!!! This year we're having our annual Progressive Dinner in the neighborhood and we're hosting the Main Course. Martha Stewart herself is cooking dinner...J/K!
Happy Holidays everyone...I promise I'll post again before Christmas!


3 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

YES! A POST! AS I sit at home recovering from surgery....I will anticipate reading about life in L.P.!

I love allowing Elijah to wear whatever he wants MOST times too! I figure there are so many bigger battles to pick....that is not one of them. As long as it is weather appropriate I am good to go. For church I pick out the clothes though:)

Candis said...

Yayyyy- I LOVE your posts!! That convo with Santa completely melted my heart, and I cannot believe what a BIG boy Jadon looks like on Santa's lap!? Not only did I almost pass out that you actually posted.....but I almost fell OUTTA' my chair in shock that Jadon did NOT have camou on?? : ) I love it.
Hope we can see you around the holidays. What do you think about going to Glendale Glitters together?

Candis said...

P.S.-
I hope Jadon feels better soon.
Send him hugs from me & Camden. We are home today, since her baby-sitter is sick.