Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend in Review & Zoo Day...




Summer is in full swing...lots of swimming and playtimes with friends! Jason, Jadon and I had such a fun Memorial Day weekend...a great mix of adventures and hangin' out at home! Date night for Mommy & Daddy at The Mission on Friday night...seriously...the best chips, salsa and Blood Orange Juice Margarittas ever! On Saturday, I dragged Geegu (Uncle Ryan) to the gym with us. We ran a mile and then did a crazy 90 minute spin class. It was awesome and a serious workout! Then we got to have some adventure time at Encanto Park with friends from Tucson and their daughter...sorry no pictures-bad Mommy!! A neighborhood BBQ that night and we were all beat. Sunday we were LAZY and hung out at home, but had a fun swim with Auntie KK, Amanda and Will...again no pictures...gonna work on that. On Monday we all hit the gym early, went to our first Summer Movie, swam more and made some yummy grilled fish tacos for dinner!

Today we ventured the Phoenix Zoo with Amy, Connor & Elizabeth. Jadon was cracking me up today having full on conversations with the animals and continuing to tell everyone about his new super star shoes...I can NOT get him to take off or stop talking about his new Converse Shoes that Candy, Michael & Camden gave him for his b-day! He watched some Zoo Maintenance guys snake the Rhino drain to their swimming pool (that was super exciting)! He made friends with a squirrel when we first got the the zoo, then he found another one over Rhino/Baboon area. He and this squirrel were playing cat/mouse and chasing each other all over the place. Then we found this turtle who looked lost and we were worried...but we asked a Zookeeper and I guess its a Mama Turtle lookin' for a spot to lay eggs.

3 comments:

The Breaux Family said...

I truly appreciate zoos......Elijah gets to see all the animals and I don't have to clean anything up!

Candis said...

Have I told you yet how much I LOVE Jadon's new summer cut? SO cute on him.

Looks like I get the prize for best gift giver this year! ha
He may need some in GREEN, mama?! : )

Candis said...

Are you feelin' ok?- Ry told me about your Dr. Appt. I hope all is well.

By the way, I've been dying for some pics of the new Red kicks!?