Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th...Ode to Tax Season's Finale-In Honor of Daddy!

So today is April 15th...its a day that is pretty important in our house! It's the day of the tax deadline and for us that means that Daddy (Jason) won't be spending extreme hours at the office anymore. Most people probably don't like this day b/c they have to send their checks in to Uncle Sam...but for us it's a day we countdown to, circle on the calendar and talk about a lot!

Jadon tells everyone he meets this...seriously every teacher at the gym childcare knows his story and today he announced this to the cashier at Target and his friends at Starbucks..."Tax Season is ALMOST over! and afterwards we're going on an adventure to Little Rock, Arkansas and then it's going to be my birthday-and I'm having a party at the train park with all my friends!!!"

When Jason and I were dating/engaged I got little hint of what tax season might be like, but I was very busy with my teaching job in Kyrene and doing my masters. Jason's aunt Jeannie, instructed me on being a "tax-wife widow" and the first few years we were married with no kids, I kept myself busy with teaching, scrapbooking and cardmaking.

I have to admit that this year has been a little challenging as its hard to rationalize with an almost 3 year old about why Daddy has to work so much. Jadon has really missed his Daddy home days the past few months and the past few month or so, he's really missed his nighttime play sessions with Dad. But like most things he's taking it all in stride. Tonight, we'll celebrate the end of another tax year with the other employees and families. It will be quite the celebration.

And so in Honor of Jason...I want to say how proud we are of what an amazing husband and father you are and know how hard this time of year is on you! How I can't quite fathom how you function on 4 hours of sleep and put in 90+ hour work weeks...your work-ethic and determination is pretty amazing! We've missed you a lot and we know you've missed us too! We love you!!

This post wouldn't quite be the same if I didn't also say a few funny things that Jadon's come up with the past few weeks... Jason's back often bothers him when he works so many hours and at times when he comes home he lays around on the couch with his heating pad (and usually falls asleep...) So one day Jadon tried to negotiate taking a nap on the couch and told me "But Mom! my back hurts!" One day at naptime he also tried to pull this "Sorry, Mom...I just have to go back to work" and tried to tell me that he was "working" in his playroom. You can see a general theme here of trying to avoid his nap...but that's a whole other post!

Hope it's a Happy April 15th for most of you...

1 comment:

Candis said...

That was such a cute post! It made me sad about you & Jadon being home at night, and I could totally relate. Michael has been in school for the total of 4 years we've been together, and it was never difficult for me to be alone....until Camden was born. He has dropped down to 2 days per week, and that has REALLY helped.

I'm SO happy your family will be back together.

By the way, Camden will be a Little Snapper @ 32nd St/Thunderbird. Good to know that Jadon loves it so much! Does he go to the Peoria one?

Got the Big Birthday invitation- TOO CUTE!