Monday, December 15, 2008

Up late...


Making some homemade Christmas gifts... Thought I would post this silly picture of me & my cake from Saturday night. The 4 layer Peppermint Frosting with White Chocolate Cream and Chocolate Ganache glaze Devil's Food cake... I didn't have time to shave chocolate for the top like the recipe called for, so I did my own decorations on the side with candy canes. This frosting was an insane project that almost made me late for cocktail hour of the progressive dinner! Duane, if there would have been any left I would have done a fed-ex for you...sorry about that. Next time you are in town, fabulous dessert of your choice. I promise.





So the good news is that I think I've done all my Christmas Shopping. Giving is so much more fun then receiving! Really...I need nothing! We shipped a box of our winter clothes and some present stuff to Sacramento. Packages are starting to arrive here from our 2nd favorite neighborhood truck, The UPS man! I'm staying current on the laundry...for everyone! Our Christmas cards should arrive tomorrow, so that will be the next project, along with some more baking this week. Jadon and I went to the bookstore today and picked up a few things. He bought special presents for his cousins and his gee-gu today. I have some crafty projects that I'm working on for gifts. Visitors arriving on Wednesday and Friday...thank goodness the cleaning people are coming this week!





The bad news is that I think Jadon is getting another cold. The last two colds have resulted in ear infections and trips to the doctor. Last year, he did the exact same thing and got sick on Christmas Eve. I feel like I'm a little bit on high-alert...just because we are flying and I so do not want him to be sick on Christmas again! Such is life...a trip to see our favorite pediatrician may be in the works this week, but hopefully it will just take its course and be gone. We'll see???



So I mentioned that Jadon has an Elf in my last post. Lately the Elf has been feeling pretty nice and has left candy canes with the itty bitty ornaments. One day, the elf forgot about the candy cane. At a bright 5:30 a.m. Jadon announced "Sorry Mom, No Candy Cane today..." His face was so serious and he could not get over this fact (so sad...the Elf really felt bad!!), but luckily we went to Dreaming Summit that day and Mrs. Vanica gave him a hershey's kiss...so his candy fix for the day was still intact.




Elf Duty calls...

3 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Hi Amy,
Does jadon have the elf on a shelf? I saw it at some friends house a week ago and thought it was pretty neat...
If he does not...check it out it comes with a book and can be a thing for every year....
Your cake looked yummy!
Hope jadon stays well for your travels....
Oh.. and your on for a Starbucks date with camden and Jadon when I'm in town some time!
Merry Christmas!
Kelly

Candis said...

Is that the FAMOUS cake? If so, I'm very jealous that I didn't get a sample! (maybe next year.) : )

Hope Jadon is feeling better?

So, if I don't get to call you tomorrow (since Fridays are the busiest days at my bank)---what time should I come over Saturday? As long as I'm home by 5:00, I'm good!

Just comment back to me on my blog, or e-mail me to my Yahoo account.

Talk soon!

Duane Fernandez said...

Yum..... That cake looks sooooooooooo good! I'm having to cancel all my trips this holiday so I won't be in AZ in January, but I think I am going to work in AZ for 3 weeks in March! Will you make me a cake.....?! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!